With its history and reputation, the Peugeot brand has forged a reputation through many emblematic models. Here are 10 of them.
Peugeot is undoubtedly one of the most iconic brands of French automobiles today. With its many major inventions and its many successes since their first cars at the beginning of the 20th century, the brand has written a large part of the most beautiful pages of the history of the automobile in France.
On the same subject
A little history
Founded in 1810, the Peugeot brand did not initially only make cars … At its beginnings, the small family business designed a large number of utensils and other steel objects, such as pepper or coffee mills, articles household appliances or bicycles, for example.
By producing robust and reliable products on a large scale, the Peugeot firm quickly established a solid reputation to the general public.
Must wait 1896 so thatArmand Peugeot is interested in the automobile industry which is still in its infancy. He then founded the Société Anonyme des automobiles Peugeot, allowing the brand to become the manufacturer we know today.
From Peugeot 203 in 1948 to the very last Peugeot 308 released this year, the brand has built many iconic models that are inscribed in our memories. Templates sedans, coupes, convertibles, station wagons and even SUVs, the Sochalian firm has declined its flagship models in all versions.
If we think about it, we have all had someone close or distant from us who drove a Peugeot! But have you experienced or driven in any of the 10 models presented in our ranking and in photos?
2. Peugeot 504 convertible Voted Car of the Year 1969 in Europe, the 504 has the longest career of any PEUGEOT model (3,700,000 units put into service until 2006). Designed for a middle-class clientele, thanks to its endurance, it has also become the queen of African and South American tracks.
3. Peugeot 404 The 404 was designed by Pininfarina. Its angular lines and the increase in glass surfaces bring modernism and elegance which contrast with the models of the fifties … In 1961, the 404 was equipped with the first direct injection engine.
6. Peugeot 405 Mi16 Launched in 1987, the 405 allowed Peugeot to win the European car of the year trophy for the second time in a row. In its sports version, it developed up to 155 horsepower for 1230 kilos.
7. Peugeot 206 Our favorite little 206 is part of this ranking, impossible to forget! With more than 7.3 million copies sold worldwide, it was undoubtedly one of the most iconic models of the early 2000s.
8. Peugeot RCZ Funny story that the Peugeot RCZ had. Model that has not known either a predecessor or a real successor! The sports coupe announced in 2009 had a short career but it was acclaimed for its successful look and its formidably efficient chassis.
9. Peugeot 203 The 203 was the first car produced after the war in 1948. It was also the first monocoque model with a hemispherical cylinder head engine and V-valves and the first PEUGEOT produced in more than 1/2 million units.