Which insurance to choose according to the make and model of vehicle?
In France, car insurance systems systematically offer three types of contract:
- Third party insurance (also called civil liability): this is the minimum version authorized by the legislator, the insurance of a land motor vehicle (the small name of cars according to the official terminology) being compulsory under penalty of fine, confiscation of the vehicle and a temporary withdrawal of your driver’s license. It is also the cheapest.
- Comprehensive insurance : it is the most expensive, the most complete and the most sought-after insurance since it covers not only bodily injury and / or material damage caused to third parties (such as the insurance described in point 1) but also damage or theft (among other things) of the insured’s car.
- Intermediate insurance (also called “extended” third party insurance): as its name suggests, this is the average version between third party insurance and all risk insurance. On the basis of third-party insurance, the insured can choose tailor-made complementary and additional guarantees corresponding to the specific features of his vehicle. The price is higher than third party insurance and lower than comprehensive insurance, and depends on the guarantees subscribed.
From these three imposed figures, the best insurance for your vehicle will be in close correspondence with its make and model. To choose the formula that best meets your expectations, follow the guide.
Use an online auto insurance comparator to be sure you choose the best solution
To adopt the optimal insurance corresponding precisely to your needs, no a priori! Connect without delay to an online auto insurance comparator (LeLynx.fr for example, tested and approved by Turbo) and fill in your driver profile and the characteristics of the vehicle you wish to insure: sedan, sports car, crossover, SUV, 4×4, vintage vehicle, professional vehicle, motorhome …
Then simply compare the different insurance formulas that the leading insurances on the market will offer you. And choose the best-priced according to the guarantees and the amount of deductibles offered. You can at your leisure (the use of an online auto insurance comparator is unlimited, free and without obligation) to carry out all the simulations you want in terms of formula and additional guarantees. Until you find the ideal offer, at the best price.
Driver profile and vehicle characteristics
Before proceeding with the simulations and establishing the desired quotes, you will always be asked:
- Your driver profile (young driver or experienced driver)
- Your age, sex, marital status, profession, place of residence
- The date you obtained your driver’s license
- The possible number of additional drivers
- Your bonus-penalty level
The parameters concerning the vehicle to be insured:
- Make, model, fiscal power, date of purchase or commissioning, estimated value, mileage, new or used, leasing, type of fuel, etc.
- Traffic area, number of kilometers traveled annually, parking method (garage, private garden, public road, etc.), frequency of use, professional use or not …
The type of vehicle to be insured, the make, the model of the car and the use will be particularly important for determining the guarantees offered and the prices charged. A vintage car, a 4×4, a motorhome, a VTC or a city car correspond to specific needs and specificities of use which will obviously be taken into account in the contracts which will be submitted to you.
Do not hesitate to cancel your current insurance if you find better and cheaper elsewhere
You are already insured but you have spotted a better offer from the competition. Not a minute to lose ! The Hamon law allows you to terminate your car insurance whenever you wish at the end of the first year of engagement! Take the opportunity to carry out an auto insurance simulation and thus save money or negotiate better guarantees for the same price with your current insurer.